Soups are one of the easiest things to make once you get the hang of it. This cauliflower soup is super simple, delicious and healthy.
- 1 large head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 yellow or white onion chopped (a rough chop is fine, the soup is blended)
- a little olive oil
- 4 cups GF vegetable broth or water (I used Campbell’s Vegetable Broth, which is certified GF)
- salt and pepper to taste
There are lots of ways to make this soup. My preferred method is below:
- Sautee the onions in a pot with a little olive oil for about 5 minutes until soft.
- Add cauliflower and broth to the pot and bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat and simmer the soup covered on low. After about 20 minutes the cauliflower should be soft.
- Blend the soup with an immersion blender or transfer it in batches to a blender and puree until smooth.
- If the soup appears to be too thick you can add more broth or water.
- Season with salt and pepper.
I like to serve mine with extra pepper and a drizzle of olive oil.